Most Popular 2019 Wedding Reception Songs
As you plan your wedding, you’re focused on the dress, venue, and bridesmaid dresses. But you also know that helping your guest have an unforgettable experience at your wedding ranks high on the priority list. According to Brides.com, music is the number two reception detail that guests pay attention to (ranking just below food). So, if you want to create the experience of the year for your guests, give the best wedding songs list to your DJ.
What Makes For Good Wedding Music?
We get it. It is your Big Day, but when it comes to crowd pleasing tunes, you and the groom may need to step outside your comfort zone. Your favorite playlist may not exactly be fan favorites. But no worries! We’re helping you determine if your wedding play list is a hit or miss with these good music qualifiers:
- The songs should be recognizable (So if you’re going with a live band, omit the lead singer’s “original” pieces)
- Mostly upbeat. Some slow songs are welcome, and expected, but for the most part, keep the mood upbeat with songs that pull guests to the dance floor.
- Variety of artists. Who couldn’t listen to the complete Bruno Mars album on repeat, right? But for the reception, mix it up.
- Space to dance. While this isn’t necessarily a good music qualifier, an open dance space will get more guests grooving, so choose a venue that offers plenty of room to show your moves.
Now that you know what types of music will pull guests out of their seats and away from the champagne fountain, it’s time to finalize the wedding song list.
Most Popular First Dance Songs
If you’re hung up on whether to go old school or choose a new release for your fist dance with your life partner, here are some of the most requested, according to easyweddings.com, to help you decide.
- At Last – Etta James
- Amazed – Lonestar
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- You Are The Reason – Calum Scott
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- All of Me – John Legend
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
Most Popular Wedding Play List Songs
When dinner has been served and the drinks are pouring, you know guests are ready to mix it up on the dance floor. BridalGuide.com reports these songs are the most popular with wedding guests.
- Uptown Funk - Bruno Mars
- Yeah - Usher
- September - Earth, Wind & Fire
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody - Whitney Houston
- Can’t Stop the Feeling - Justin Timberlake
- Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
- Turn Down for What - DJ Snake & Lil John
- I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
- This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
- The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
When it’s time to celebrate, the last thing you want to worry about is whether guests are enjoying the music. Go with these popular favorites, mix in a few of your own choices, and allow the guests to make requests to the band or DJ.